Filter by rating
State:
Show
City:
Show

WePay review: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Over 5 years ago I opened an account (similar to Go Fund Me) for my Daughter. She had a Brain Aneurysm (Praise God! she is alive and well) She has 3 Titanium Coils in her Brain a long hospital stay. A ;ot of bills to pay and she was unable to work for a long time. She has become a 48 year old widow with 3 children, working again as a Geriatric Alzheimer's Nurse. THIS COMPANY knows all the information. I have emailed back and forth since 8/18, they have MORE EXCUSES & ARE HIDING BEHIND EMAILS and an AUTOMATED CALL SYSTEM!! I AM CONTACTING the FTC, SECURITIES & EXCHANGE & the STATE of CALIFORNIA for FRAUD and ILLEGAL REPRESENTATION!!! I AM BEING ASKED AT THE END OF THIS PAGE TO RATE THEM, THERE ARE NO 0'S!!!
REFUND NOT GIVEN
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

WePay review in Allen, Texas: Very sketchy business practices to say the least.

Well like the hard head I am, I heard all the fuss and decided to forego this processor anyway, hoping that things couldn't possibly be that bad. Well, trust me when I say, believe the negative reviews, you have been warned. The positive reviews that you'll see regarding this company are fraud and most likely the company representatives themselves. I signed up for WePay to offer my customers more payment processing options. All was well during sign up, as well as with the first customer transaction through WePay. Things took a turn for the worst when I contacted WePay regarding the settlement (payout) of said customer's payment. (WePay customer service is non existent, had to trick ChasePay reps into providing me a number to contact WePay via phone). For 8 full days before I decided to be proactive and contact support, my funds sat dormant with no real knowledge of when I was to be paid. The very limited dashboard is almost on par with a scam operation, how it so vaguely provides you with little to no transaction/payout information. Apparently there is a policy in place that if you receive a payment over $1, it is to be automatically held for up to 7 days, for no reason other than just because they feel the need to. WePay claims this is for disputes and chargebacks, even though any small business owner would know that the process will simple deduct funds directly from your linked deposit account. The held funds are just a gimmick to gain interest. Needless to say, my account was deactivated and the payment was refunded to my customer (whom was confused by the entire ordeal) with no other explanation than my business is deemed as high risk. I've been dropshipping for 2 years, not a SINGLE chargeback, and all the sudden I'm high risk? I saw a complaint where one poor sole had managed to process $50K worth of payments from a Youth Leadership group, only for the funds to be held and their account subsequently closed as well. I'm guessing developing young leaders/professionals is bad for business these days. These companies are just here to gather and withhold data and private information to sell and aggregate, they have no intention of providing a service. So please do yourself, your family, and your business a favor, and take heed to the warnings. Go with another processor. Thank goodness I utilize multiple payment processors or that would have been a tough whole to climb out of. God Bless.
Review
Pros
  • Quick to setup
Cons
  • I experienced unwillingness to help or to resolve
  • Hide behind web forms with no human interaction
  • Zero customer service support
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Be more upfront with potential customers, provide a public facing customer support number, understand that you're business practices are just as shady as you seem to deem the very customers that you choose not to serve.
Tags
  • Stay Away Bad Company

WePay review in Jacksonville, Florida: Refusal to provide an answer to why my account was closed.

WePay review - Refusal to provide an answer to why my account was closed.
An absolute refusal to provide an answer to why my account was closed is unreasonable. WePay are the payment processors for a crowdfunding site that I had a campaign on. There was something that went wrong with my account with them. I have no clue as to what. I didn't do anything wrong that I could tell looking at their terms and conditions. They won't work with me. It took forever to get a response back from them, and their response of: "we’re not able to process payments for your account. Our banks and processors hold us to a strict guideline on what we can and cannot process through our site. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide you or your business with our services. With regard to any questions you might have as to why this might have happened, unfortunately, I have no information for you. Our review process is proprietary and, therefore, no information is given out in situations like these." ...simply isn't good enough. I don't think no answer for why my account was closed is a sufficient answer. I set this up as a fundraising opportunity through a crowdfunding site for my daughters mission trip to Puerto Rico, and even had some donations that now won't see the light of day. I should have a least be given the opportunity to refute whatever reason they closed my account was. But I was refused the opportunity to do so.

$170 lost because Wepay closed my account with no explanation. I was using Youcaring and it was pretty important to me.

I was trying to raise money to leave an abusive home, which isn't against their TOS and reading their TOS, it doesn't say that family can't contribute to costs, which some of my family did.

Thanks, Wepay. I don't appreciate you.

I had the same experience with WePay. My daughter used YouSharing to raise funds for veterans.

YouSharing uses WePay for payment processing. My family members contributed the first $500. After that, my account was closed without any explanation.

There is no refund yet and there is no money in my WePay account. What a scam.

View more comments (1)
Review
Cons
  • I experienced unwillingness to help or to resolve
Poor customer service